Friday, September 14, 2007

Did You Work Weekends at KAAY?

If you did I would like to hear from you. Be honest. Readers of this blog will spot a phoney in a minute. For years after I left KAAY, I ran into people who claimed to have worked for the Mighty Ten Ninety. (And I knew they didn't). I have even seen some people online that claimed to have worked for the Friendly Giant. (And didn't).
Weekends were a entirely different atmosphere. No one to answer phones. Saturday morning usually found Pat Walsh stuffing everyone's mailbox with reprints of the lastest FCC rulings or something funny he had found. A salesman or two might wonder through dressed for golf or other casual fun. Whomever was in charge of "Ear On Arkansas" was putting finishing touches on Sunday's broadcast. By noon most had cleared out and the jock was on his own. Other jocks might drift by to see what was happening.On the air was a different story. You can bet there would be a remote from somewhere. Either paid or a station event. Pat would call in a follow contest at most any time of the day or night. The fun never stopped. As night fell and KAAY went directional North and South, the fun heated up. More phone calls and the chance for a weekend jock to show his stuff. Let me hear from you if you worked weekends or started weekends at KAAY. Email me at ajlinds@yahoo.com

No comments: