Friday, August 25, 2006

From the "Timeless Tracks" KAAY 40th Anna. Pgm

Tony Warner currently does a radio program called "Timeless Tracks". Even though this is a music program, Tony has done more to preserve radio history, than anyone I know. He has even written a book on Buddy Deane, of Baltimore radio fame. (If you have any interest in the book contact Tony at tonyw@arkansas.net. Tony's show can be heard online at: http://www.k1063radio.com/ or on the air: KOLL 106.3 (Little Rock AR vicinity)6-11 PM Sundays.

Tony did a 5 hour "TImeless Tracks" broadcast on the occasion of the 40th anniversary of KAAY. The following 8 minute clip tells of the sign on of KAAY, the consistent DJ name structure, and a rare radio appearance of long time KAAY manager Pat Walsh. Pat did appear on KAAY occasionally but it was only to do a mobile unit follow contest which he really enjoyed doing. This recording is very significant, do to the recent loss of Pat Walsh.
:http://www.members.cox.net/seniornet/Timeless Tracks edit1.mp3

1 comment:

Hazel Dillehay said...

I listen to Tony on "Timeless Tracks" every Sunday night before leaving work and in the car coming home from work. It's my treat for working every weekend to end with the best music ever. I remember in the early 60's listen to KAAY and playing the "We spin it...You win it." I picked up lots of 45's during that time. Of course living in Jacksonville at the time I had to ride the bus to Little Rock to pick up my 45 record. It was worth every minute to get the record from KAAY. I still have some of my collection from the 60's but not as many as I used to have. Tell Tony Warner to keep up the good work. It makes me feel as if I was living my teenage years all over again. I love "Timeless Tracks".