Tuesday, February 26, 2008

More KAAY comments

I always place your comments under the post that you were commenting on, and often I will post your comments as an individual post just to make sure everyone reads it. I think that casual readers may not always look at the comments. We get so few comments that readers are not accustomed to reading the comments. The Arkansas TV news blogs will get 40 or more comments on a post. Granted they are often undesirable comments but at least there is a lot of action.

Thanks always for your comments:

AMEN! :-)

I read and hang on every word in this blog. I just don't comment that often because I don't have a whole lot to say ... I wasn't part of the station except as a listener at a very young age. What I love reading are the stories from other KAAY personalities who were part of the 'magic.'

PS - speaking of "Magic", I'm sorry to see the demise of Magic 105. Just surprised it took this long. I won't name names, but the same thing happened in Jonesboro by the same people -- when I was in college up there ('80s), KFIN was the 800-pound gorilla of radio, a big sound for a small market. Both K-FIN and Magic were monsters ... now look at 'em.

I truly hope Beaker Street lands on its feet elsewhere.

Again, I write more and I'll get depressed.....

I enjoy this blog, and would miss it if it were not here.

--Russell Wells
Savannah, Ga.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

in 1966, my family had moved into the n.eastern part of louisiana. i was 12 yrs. old then. probably; when i was 13, i somehow got turned onto 'beaker street'. it seemed, thatat11p.m. on saturday night, as i lay on the top bunk-bed, that acertain magical atmosphere descended upon my world. frigid pink's version of house of the rising sun heralded a plethera of unfamiliar, but intriging/mystical sounds. a long=time friend, who lived in little rock at the time, and i {and certainly many others


] shall have lasting memories of the impressions that "the street" made upon us. and it was a bitchin' powerful station! on a clear night, it was a good companion on I=10 well into the florida panhandle. just thought i'd throw out a few memories. i'm quite sure that many of us were connected despite space, but not time... clyde's voice was probably, tome, much more spacey than the music. in my mind, a mental image of beaker street, would be; not unlike the cover of "ziggy stardust".
thanks clyde


















i