Monday, February 18, 2008

My Hometown Jingle

I have previously written about and posted some of the "city" songs or jingles. Pams "My Hometown" were very popular. When KAAY came along in 1962 all the good songs had been taken by other stations in the market. We settled for the "Big K Twist". (a recording of that is in a previous post).

I am teaching a computer class on creating a slide show. For a demonstration, I used the KVLC "My Hometown" jingle. Those of you from Little Rock will enjoy the line, "fabulous Central High". I don't have the exact date, but by that comment, it must be early to mid 50s.



Please leave your comments. How to do that is described below.

2 comments:

whiteray said...

Hi - Grear blog. I used to listen to KAAY and Beaker Street through the static up in Minnesota. In fact, I just wrote about that today, and a friend pointed me this way. You may want to take a look: http://echoesinthewind.blogspot.com/2008/02/remembering-walks-on-beaker-street.html

Rock on!

Anonymous said...

I don't leave a comment every time I visit the site, but I drop in frequently and make a point of telling friends about it. Both folks with whom I've worked in radio and people I went to school with who I know listened to the Might 10-90 have checked out the blog as a result. Thanks, A.J., because what you're doing is appreciated.

Jim (aka Lynn James)