Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Belle Starr remembered on KAAY

From email:
I remember hearing a young lady on a couple of the early Rob Robbins shows. She was called Belle Starr. I loved her voice. Do you have any idea who I am talking about.

Her real name escaped me, so I ask Jim Pitcock a/k/a Ron Owens. Her real name is Sue Phelps and his last information was that she is living in Baton Rouge, LA. All of us at KAAY and the listeners alike, were in love with Bell Starre. I met her at Little Rock University and asked her if she would like to read requests and dedications at night on KAAY. She agreed and started when I was on at night. When I moved to the morning show she continued on the Robbins show. The name Bell Starre was used because of the Doc Holiday tie. Anyone have any pictures or tape?

No comments: