Monday, January 01, 2007

Peacock's Pizzeria Remembered on KAAY

Ron from Chicago remembers:

Sometimes I would stay up late and listen to the Ronnie Owens All Night Satellite show. I remember he had some sort of feud going with the people at Peacock's Pizzeria in Peoria, IL. I used to get a laugh out of them trying to get on the air with obscenities over the telephone. One night I heard a female voice call in and actually get on the air; suddenly, it was replaced by a male voice uttering a four letter word and "This is Tony Peacock." Do you know anything about this?

Yes, here's the short version, perhaps I can get Jim Pitcock a/k/a Ron Owens to do the long story:

Tony Peacock from Peacock Pizzera booked Ron Owens and me for appearences in Quincy, Ill. He sold and traded things all over town. A car dealer supplied cars, and he got the top floor of the Lincoln-Douglas Hotel for us. They stopped the movie at a theater and we walked out on stage and said hello.
It was quite a trip.

No comments: