Friday, April 13, 2007

Last Day of KAAY

The last day KAAY was a top 40 radio station many of the prior DJs got together for a last broadcast. I don't know if the station sold the time to competitors or gave them the time, but several stations had announcements urging listeners to join them. One of those was Brother Hal from KLRA. This is very significant, in that Brother Hal usually led the local ratings. He was there before KAAY and as it ended the rock format. While I was at KAAY, I remember a big day of celebration when the Pulse survey showed I had beaten Brother Hal in a 15 minute segment. As the years past, I think there were several "books" where KAAY beat Brother Hal. He was always a thorn in our side. Brother Hal (Hal Weber) has passed away, but will always live in my memory. Here is a clip from the last day with Bro. Hal:


Click here to get your own player.

No comments: