Friday, April 27, 2007

Marvin Vines Grandson Andy

I received a comment to post on the blog entry about Marvin Vines as follows:

Andy Vines has left a new comment on your post "Marvin Vines KAAY's Farm Service Director":

Marvin Vines was my grandfather. Thanks for the post as well as the sound check from 1971 where his voice is heard briefly at the beginning. I had not heard his voice in almost 30 years. I appreciate your work on this blog and in keeping the memory of the great KAAY alive.


Andy's email address did not show, so I would like to repond to him here and you all can read it also: Andy,

Great to hear from you. I worked with Marvin, your grandfather, for several years as the second Doc Holiday. I always looked forward to going to work early in the morning, knowing Marvin would already be there, having made the coffee, written his program and on the air.

Of course I never understood what he was talking about, but he knew the farm business forward and backward, and all I was interested in was rock and roll. He adapted to the change from KTHS to KAAY and supported us like we were all old neighbors.

I always wished I could have seen him speak to one of the meetings he was always going to.

Pat Walsh always held Marvin in such high regard and gave the rest of us so much grief.

I do have more material on Marvin and will be posting it in the future.

Thanks again for your comments. We must pass the past on to future generations.

A.J.

For those of you who don't understand what we are talking about just go to the top and do a search on this blog for "Marvin Vines".

No comments: