Monday, June 25, 2007

Hot Scott Fisher heard from!

I got a recent email from Greg Fadick, a/k/a Hot Scott Fisher. I had the pleasure of working with Greg. Great voice and great passion for the business. As one of his emails traced his path from Arkansas, I couldn't help singing part of the WKRP theme song, "town to town up and down the isle" and the entire song "W-O-L-D". I think it would be great on this blog to play what ever happened to_______________? Or where are they now?

We'll start with Greg:

Now that I think of it, I haven’t been back to Arkansas for about 17 years. I left Little Rock in ‘87 for Y108 in Denver, left there for WAAF in Boston, then down here to South Florida for WIOD, then Brown Bag Productions, and now Download HD, where I think I’ll be until they plant me. Even though the hair is thinning, I’m carrying around a lot of excess tonnage in the middle and the over-50 body doesn’t work like it used to, I’m having a ball down here.

And what is Download HD?

Download HD (which we’ve been developing for the last 2 years) is radio’s first total content service. We provide everything from original production music beds and sounds to movie and TV drops, stand up comedy bits, news and historical audio, plus all the written content a jock could possibly stand, including funny factoids, trivia, household tip, money saving tips to whatever. We also include a massive daily prep sheet with everything a morning jock, or anyone else, could want. We like to call it a radio station in a box. Just add water and you’re done. And it’s all completely categorized and easily accessed through a massive search engine. We even include automatic online tracking that shows you what you’ve downloaded and when, then allows you to enter your own data, such as who used the piece and what for. It’s a friggin’ monster, but it’s also a lot of fun. Plus having a 48 track digital studio in the house and working from here is too sweet.

Thanks Greg.

Someone I've been trying to find out what ever happen to.........Bob Mullins. He was Buddy Karr number 2, I think. He (like many of us) worked at KAAY twice. The last I heard he was headed for California.

Anyone who can contribute a "where they are now" would be appreciated.

No comments: