Sunday, September 02, 2007

From Fred Holland

Fred Holland has left a new comment on your post "Welcome": I was at KAAY from June 1982 to January 1983. I was I think the 2nd to the last program director before the station was sold by Multimedia. A few people I remember include Dick Price who we hired for mornings, Janice Laffoon, who introduced me to then Gov. Clinton, Ron Castelle the best news voice I've ever heard. Carl David Hamilton was the GM. I did afternoons and couldn't believewhat that 50KW could do after sundown. Anyone else out there from my era?Fred HollandHuntsville, AL

Hey Fred,
How about giving me those names, their a/k/a, and years at KAAY, so that I can add it to the employee roster. Some one also needs to write a whole bit on Dick Price. Wasn't he known as "the singing pig" ?
Thanks,
AJ

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My gawd...got a new computer and was trying to navigate about on it and lo and behold there was an inquiry from someone with a VERY long memory!
Dick Price alive and moderately well, if somewhat super-annuated.
Did I read right that Fred is in Huntsvfille? I worked there twice @ WAAY-TV for about 5 years.
I'm trying to remember the weather guy who also left TV here in Little Rock and went to H'ville.
We lived next dock to each other @ River Valley marina (Ken Rainey?)
I would like to once again clear up the Singing Pig thing...I was NEVER the Singing Pig...the PROGRAM was called the Singing Pig.
Talk Show on KAAY. "Never try to teach a pig to sing...wastes your time and annoys the pig."
My bride REALLY gets panties in a wad when someone calls her Ms. Pig.
Anyhow: Thanx for remembering. After radioing for 4 decades the KAAY gig was the most fun I ever had.
Dick Price
dickprice@bigfoot.com
501 258 7194