Wednesday, October 31, 2007

KAAY Contests

I have written in the past about contests at KAAY. I don't think I have written enough since contests were an intrigal part of KAAY programming. I would really like to hear from you about contests and promotions you remember. Email me at ajlinds@yahoo.com. We usually had at least two contests going at the same time. There was a phone in contest each hour. Usual format called for an OPEN (the invitation to call in) the CONTEST itself, and the CLOSE. The contests usually tied to the season: Halloween, Thanksgving, etc. Then there was often a write-in contest. Something you rarely see today. We aways got good results from write in contests. Prises ranged from large items (see Car A Day) to small items (see transistor radios). I would really appreciate hearing your favorite contest or promotion.

No comments: