Sunday, October 14, 2007

KAAY & Instrumental Hits

I'm back! My video project is over, presented, and wild applause.

Back to blogging business. Seems like in the "good old days" there were lots of instrumental hits. DJ's loved instrumentals. You could use them for theme songs. Any of you jocks old enough to remember having a theme song? I remember one of my favorite D.J.'s was Bud Connell when he was at KXLR. He used Ray Coniff's S'Wonderful for a theme song. He would usually talk up to the cymbal crash then a big finish. Instrumentals were great for talking over, running up to the news, the end of your show, etc.

The instrumental I have for you today is one of those mysteries. It is a mystery to me why we played it. It made it up to number 6 in the top 100 songs for 1963. At least is was different. What were some of the instrumentals you remember? Email me at
ajlnds@yahoo.com

Washington Square - Village Stompers

No comments: