Monday, January 12, 2009

Beaker Theater

Hi
I googled Beaker Theater and your link came up as possibly having recordings?
I'd love to get a copy if you do.
Randy Wood
Grew up in Iowa
50 years old
Remembering the Good Old Days
Let me know
Take it easy

Randy
..............................................................................
Some of the Beaker Street airchecks on this blog contain Beaker Theater episodes.
Beaker Theater came from George J.Jenning's collection of old time radio shows.
George was News Director and later Program Director/AM Drive team member.
George also provided the material for "The Breakfast Serial". For Breaker Theater he used a lot of BBC or South African material to try and make it different from "Breakfast Serial". He would cut 30 minute shows into 4 or 5 minute segments and make them serialized.

I have some of the original tapes and I have several Beaker Street airchecks that are still on reel to reel. I hope to have some time to transfer these to digital.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A.J., if Randy will contact me, I have several links to FREE old-time radio shows I can send him in the meantime (same ones I sent you)to whet his appetite: melvin.stacey@cummins.com

Bud, Mobile, AL