Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Comment from a long ago KOTN Post

Brent Johnson has left a new comment on your post "KOTN":

I grew up in Pine Bluff in the 50's and 60's it was probably the best town in Arkansas to have been living in as a young person growing up. I always listened to KOTN (long before FM). I knew Steve Warren well as I graduated high school with him (60's DJ). I can still remember calling him and requesting "GO NOW" by the Moody Blues in 1965 for my girl friend and I. I live in Kansas now an I attended the Kansas State Fair in 1987 a DJ from my past was there, he was working for FM 105.3 in Wichita. I recognized him right off it was "Mike Miller/Mother Miller" very few were as good as Mike. I have no idea where he is now. I knew Mr. Buddy Dean and his family he was a fine man and was a plus to radio and radio broadcasting. Those days were the best days of my life thus far @ 61 years and KOTN and Pine Bluff was the greatest.

No comments: