Thursday, March 13, 2008

I found an interesting site that is devoted to discussion of New Orleans radio. The reason it is interesting to me, is that it verifies what I have been saying about KAAY being on car radio push buttons in New Orleans.

Here is a segment of an email that was posted on the site:

I think KAAY in Little Rock was everybody's "third" N.O. rock station at night in the 60's, with WLS in Chicago at #4. And as far as songs that were #1 in the nation, or even charted high in the nation, and never got played here... oh boy... the stories I could tell you from the inside about how songs got ranked on surveys in this city back then. Another thought too...ever wondered about all the songs that got charted here but never played on the air... ? 'Nuff said.

If you have an interest in New Orleans Radio, the site is:
http://www.walkerpub.com/radio_directory.html#anchor3187501

No comments: