Thursday, May 22, 2008


HI AJ,



I got a chuckle when I read Bud’s (Mobile) comments about the “sound” of vinyl. Then I remembered this from the Gizmodo website – how to turn a used CD into a record that you can play on your turntable!! “Man bites Dog!” Heh.



Have a GREAT Memorial Day! We will be flying our flag on the front of the house.



Dave M, Vietnam vet





http://gizmodo.com/388826/cds-get-into-the-groove-do-music-the-45rpm-way



CDs Get Into the Groove, Do Music the 45RPM Way

This is a story of a not so environmentally friendly, but rather groovy repurposing idea: reusing CDs as records (remember them?) At the UK's Futuresonic festival last week, a guy named Aleks Kolkowski had his vintage record-cutting machine ready to carve sound tracks into old CDs and DVDs. People simply had to turn up with an old disc and a sound file and he'd "overwrite" the CD with a track ready to be played on a turntable. Neat! I'd have been there asking Aleks for a copy of my first ever record (that'll be the theme to Watership Down— I know, I know) on a crappy old AOL CD I found recently. [Futuresonic via DIYDaily via ]

No comments: