Thursday, November 22, 2007

Beaker Street


A good friend of this blog is doing research on Beaker Street. I think it might be useful to him to maybe hear some personal stories of what Beaker Street meant to you.
We all are aware of the nationwide coverage, but it is very helpful to hear your personal story of where you were when you heard Beaker Street. Did it cause you to go into the radio business? (or stay out of the radio business) How much time did you spend listening to Beaker Street? Was Beaker Street common among your friends? Why was Beaker Street different from what you could hear locally? Did you call in to Beaker Street and how did that conversation go? Do you have any recordings or other Beaker Street material? Please don't just read this blog and click on. Take a few minutes to email me you comments at ajlinds@yahoo.com.

Clyde Clifford maintains a Beaker Street website at:

http://beakerstreet.com/

1 comment:

Debbie Perry Redington said...

I listened to Beaker street in my teens I am now 53. I lived in Central Louisiana and loved listening to more than 30 minutes of rock uninterrupted, and the slow deep voice of Clive Clifford, unrushed and stone cold to the point identifications of what had just ventured out of the darkness and into my brain. Thank you Beaker street. There will never be a radio rock program to compare.