Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Music of 1964

The Beatles really dominated the music of 1964. However, there was still some great music from Motown, Roy Orbison, Beachboys, etc. Then there was music like Jan & Dean and Dead Man's Curve. I play that for you today primarily for the picture of the 1963 Corvette. I drove a Red 63 Corvette Sting Ray. When I left KAAY bound for Decatur, Il and WAND (A TV station that LIN Broadcasting had purchased and Len Carl was the manager) I moved in the Corvette. I remember getting a speeding ticket once a month in Illinois. Fortunately they didn't report it on my Arkansas driver's license. The car just looked like it was speeding setting still. The 63 had some real inovations for it's day. There were seat belts and FM on the radio.

Remember this epic:

No comments: