Saturday, November 17, 2007

Russell W. wrote:
When writing, I often use the old-school abbreviations (Ark., Ala., Miss., et al) just because I like how it looks instead of the sterile AR, AL, MS.

BUT, since I like my outgoing mail to get to point B without delay, I put the two-letter kind on the envelope. Anything to help, I suppose.

My .02,
Russell in Savannah, GA/Ga. (where after dark the raccoons come out en masse outside the station)

The raccoon story is getting picked up all over now. I noticed AP has several versions of the story and often use the term he "dispatched" the raccoon with a nail gun.
Interesting use of a word that I usually attribute to a wire service. At least they avoided the obvious "he nailed the raccoon". Neal Boortz was the first national figure to take up the put down of Arkansas. Being from Georgia, where plenty of kooky things take place, he has a lot of room to talk. Wait, there is a writer strip on and I have written too much.

No comments: