Tuesday, November 06, 2007

KAAY & Jingles

I've talked several times about jingles. I listen to jingles as often as I do music. I love jingles. Radio station jingles, commercial jingles, any jingle. I have included many of the KAAY jingles on this blog. My favorite jingles came from Pams. I hope to someday to try and put together all the KAAY jingles. I also especially liked the beer and soft drink jingles. Jingles must be out of favor today. I don't hear them as much for radio station IDs or even commercials. Where are those great beer and soft drink jingles? I do notice XM radio uses jingles well. They have taken some of the best from the past and had them resung with XM Radio in the place of call letters. The 60s channel on Friday afternoon features a great top 40 station from the past and their jingles. Here is a link to a PAMS page. Pick out a decade and enjoy. http://www.pams.com/pams/sampler.html
It was a great feeling to be out in the public and have folks sing the logo (KAAY, Tune ten ninety) back at you.

No comments: