Saturday, December 01, 2007

Beaker Street Comment

Bud, Thanks for your Beaker Street comment. This is exactly what we are looking for. your memories triggers our own great trips to the past. Here is Bud's comment:

A. J., I just found your blog today! I previously asked about recordings...looks like there are some on your site? I'll investigate more!

I listened to Beaker Street when I was a youngster...in fact, I listened to KAAY probably more than I did to local radio stations here in Mobile, AL! Radio became my hobby when I was nine, 40 years ago this year...and I found KAAY shortly after and still have a radio log on notebook paper, where I DXed AM radio stations. Later, when I was old enough to drive, I outfitted my '66 Dodge Coronet 440 with an extra-long antenna and a bullet antenna amplifier...KAAY came in louder and with better fidelity than most local FM stations!

I would almost always drive 'way out of my way going home from work, just to listen...radio after midnight around the house was a strict no-no! Of course, on weekends, I almost couldn't wait until sundown...KAAY would almost always come into the clear about 30 minutes before dark, they were so strong.

Needless to say, KAAY was a large part of my radio life....

"Safety-Courtesy-Responsiveness-Accuracy-Efficiency"...Service Is Our Passion!

For HIS glory,

Bud Stacey, Parts Advisor
Cummins Mid-South LLC

Bud,
To hear the Beaker Street airchecks and previous Beaker Street material, just go to the top of the blog and type in "Beaker Street" in the search box and then click on search this blog.

No comments: