Friday, December 07, 2007

Christmas & KAAY

This comment from Bud:

Hello again, Doc! This time of year (Christmas) reminds me of KAAY even more....I always will remember the Toys For Tots going on in Little Rock. One of my plans was to take as much vacation as possible, drive up and stay in Little Rock during Christmas. Alas, due to my family (I was the oldest, holding things together, in a broken family) and my work ethic, I hardly ever took time off, so this dream never took place....

Nonetheless, just listening to KAAY during the Christmas season bolstered my spirits and fueled my imagination! Thanks for the memories!

And this previously from Dave Montgomery:

Also, remember the "Funmobile"? The big blue remote broadcast trailer? We did hundreds of remote broadcasts from all over central Arkansas, including the annual Toys for Tots broadcast from Toy Hill at War Memorial Stadium. Sonny Martin (Matt White) did this for years, and was taken over by Bob Robbins (Bob Spears) after Sonny moved on.
If you are interested in any of these stories, let me know, and I will pass them along. Best regards, and am enjoying seeing the stories and history lessons.
Dave Montgomery

No comments: