Sunday, December 30, 2007

More Black Oak Arkansas and KAAY

Doc, it's funny how many great memories you've invoked by your blogsite! I first heard Black Oak Arkansas on KAAY back in the day and got one of their LP's ("If An Angel Came To See You...")- something that today's teens know little or nothing about! I still have that record AND a turntable, although the latter may not work very well. This memory was keyed by reading some of your entries from June '07....

Living in the past? No, just remembering great memories that otherwise brightened an ugly, drab life....and if I could have escaped, I would have travelled and transplanted in Little Rock, AR. Too bad KAAY didn't stay as it was- although, as a Christian, I'm glad they now have Christian-based content on the air, rather than some of the crud on the airwaves today. If KAAY had've stayed, then I might have persued my interest in broadcasting, as was an early, pre-teen goal of mine....

...but then, I wouldn't be where I was today, with a great wife & kids, etc.; "what if" isn't even an option any more. But, by gosh, as long as you and others keep up the archival storage of such great things as KAAY, as long as the Internet doesn't go down, we can relive it!

God bless you, Doc, for everything you do!

For HIS glory,

Bud Stacey

No comments: