Thursday, December 20, 2007

"We will have these moments to remember"

I guess I am so intrigued with the internet because the coverage is so much like KAAY only larger. I am also fascinated by the visitors to this blog and why. The counter that I use to find out how many visitors there are to this blog (over 10,000 now) supplies all kinds of statistics. Yesterday I discovered a visitor to this blog from South Africa who was looking for prisons in Oklahoma. I'm not sure how Google made the connection but I'm sorry we didn't have much info on Oklahoma prisons.

Somehow though, surfing on a computer is just not the same as having an old tube type
bakelite radio, with the lights out, in bed under the covers, tuning the AM radio band
and landing on KAAY. Imagine for a moment being on the other end of this senerio. You
are a kid in college, working full time at possibly the greatest job of your life. You throw the mike switch, the on the air light goes on, relays click, and you are going to talk, but you have no idea who, if anyone is listening. Almost 50 years later you hear from someone who shared that moment. Thanks to all of you who have emailed. You are what keeps this blog going. For those of you who haven't written, please understand how important it is to hear from you. Email me at ajlinds@yahoo.com.

No comments: