Sunday, February 15, 2009

Big Surprise for David Brian Treadway

Hello AJ & all,

I did more digging into my old tape collection and came up with this brief aircheck of David Brian Treadway on KAAY. It was on Sunday afternoon July 10 1977. I was in-between jobs and took a vacation with a drive from Chicago to the West Coast and back. I hooked up a cassette recorder to the car radio and airchecked stations along the route. On the way back to Chicago I drove thru Arkansas and captured some KAAY (and a smattering of other stations). It sounded like KAAY was pared down to the very basics on the weekends, no jingles and I don't remember any other fancy voiceovers or ID's, just the jock, songs and spots. You'll hear that KAAY was heavily pushing an upcoming Doobie Brothers concert with advance tickets going for just 6 bucks! That's pretty hard to imagine now.

Enjoy the aircheck, and I'm always eager to hear from other aircheck traders.

Greg Barman
Denver, CO.
gbarman02@msn.com
......................................................................................
David is a regular reader and contributor to this blog so here it is everybody...enjoy and many thanks Greg.

AUDIO

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is a really good aircheck - very much appreciated!

Bruce M
Houston, TX