Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sirius/XM Item

Hi AJ,

From the Glenn Reynolds www.instapundit.com website this morning, quoting a story in the New York Times:

//

A POSSIBLE SIRIUS XM BANKRUPTCY: I’m not surprised. The service is decent (I have XM) but the companies took on way too much debt. I remember my dad looking at the stocks a few years ago and saying that Sirius’s only viable business plan was to be bought by XM, and XM’s only viable business plan was to hope for some kind of miracle. ** Posted at 10:15 am by Glenn Reynolds

//

I suspect in the current

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I always thought that "creating a need, then filling it" was a boo-boo way of doing business...not everyone would buy into the satellite, subscription-only radio. Folks who would enjoy it were those who travelled a lot (truck drivers, etc.), but, even at that, it was the radio version of cabel TV: "100 Channels and there's nothing on!". Nonetheless, in some cases, it beat twiddling the knob, constantly looking for a favored format, but I didn't think it'd last. Maybe something will happen, but, their audience was small and specialized to begin with.

Waiting to see what happens to HDTV, HD radio and other technologies being forced upon us...already, one local TV station is saying they're NOT pulling the analog plug 2/17/09....Bud, Mobile, AL