Sunday, August 31, 2008

George J. Jennings Link

Bud Stacey found this link as he searched for KAAY stuff.
http://radio.woai.com/cc-common/news/sections/newsarticle.html?feed=119078&article=1845316

I'm not sure if they got that photo from me or not. I have a 8 X 10 black and white print. It is one of my favorites because it includes the RCA 77 D mike and the original newsroom of KAAY in the Channel 11 building. George was probably 25 at the time. He was collecting old time radio shows, starting a family, and grumping a lot. While the industry was full of drugs and booze, George had a briefcase full of Diet Dr. Pepper and Neo snyferin. I still have some of the old time radio shows and plan a project to use them. George and Nancy, along with some neighbors had a business that put old time radio shows on 8 track tapes that were sold through Cracker Barrel. They also manufactured the golf tee game you see on the tables at Cracker Barrel.

1 comment:

Gazmik said...

I've always liked the old time radio shows! I still listen to some old X Minus 1, Dimension X, Lights Out and Box 13. I always tried to stay awake to listen to Beaker Theater.

Of course, I'm also a big fan of the old black and white sci-fi movies.