Monday, August 25, 2008

RCA Microphones

Anonymous has left a new comment on your post "RCA 44-BX & RCA 77D":

Oh, boy, those mics are sweet! I'd not had the fortune of having worked with them, but I have played with some decent mics in the past, having been a sound tech in the Mobile, AL area for about 15 years. And having to use lower-end mics for singers, I always worked that EQ and reverb HARD to make 'em sound good.

I'd always worked in live venues with instruments and singers and have played with a few ribbon mics, but not with just plain speech and announcers. When I did some announcing intros and outros for programs for churches to go to local radio stations, I had to use what was afforded me...there again, judicial useage of effects. It was fun, however! Bud, Mobile, AL

No comments: