Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Comment on Howard Watson, Ear, and more

This is also posted under "comments" but as always I don't want you to miss this comment in case you are not reading comments.

Russell W. has left a new comment on your post "What ever happened to Howard Watson?":

I've been away from a lot of my 'net activities lately, and am getting caught up with the KAAY blog.

Couple of notes: it almost sickened me to read of the old Ear On Arkansas tapes getting bulk-erased. The moment I read this, I got up and pulled out a copy of a tape which Mr. Walsh lent me many years ago - two (2) EOA programs, one dated September 7, 1969 and another from a month later, October 12. I am putting this onto CD as I speak .... I'll e-mail you, so you can respond with a mailing address.

In my young and green years in Arkansas, I spent Summers during college working parttime at KEZQ, back when Howard/Len Day was doing mornings. I didn't have much interaction with him, other than filling in for a graveyard or two. Very nice and gracious, and what I remember the most about him was the tall Razorback coffee mug, which to this day I'm convinced was actually an growth on his right hand.

I continue to enjoy the stories. If this is living in the past, keep on doing so, please.

Russell Wells
Rincon, Georgia

Thanks Russell, I hope all of you fans of satire are watching "The Half Hour News Hour" on Fox News. If I didn't know better I would think some of the "Ear On Arkansas" writers were working on that program.

No comments: