Sunday, August 19, 2007

Louie, Louie, & KAAY

As I started discussing below, Louie Louie, and The Kingsmen were very significant to me at KAAY. I still remember the hand written dirty lyrics that circulated in the high schools. It became so bad that the then General Manager of KAAY Len Carl (Voth) read the actual lyrics in a very dignified editorial.

Keep the women and children away from this blog tomorrow!

I will post these scandalous lyrics tomorrow.

In the meanwhile, enjoy The Kingsmen website. Especially go to the home page and go down to the law suit tab. It's really long but gives you a great incite into what happens to many recording artists.

The Kingsmen still perform with two of the original members. Few bands can make this claim to longevity.

I think they figured out early, the money for performers is in personal appearances.

Here's the link: http://www.louielouie.org/

No comments: