Thursday, August 09, 2007

KAAY Music Surveys

As you know, I have been doing an intensive marketing campaign to find KAAY music surveys. Much more than just begging on this blog. Some of the best in the business, (like Tony Warnier) have made on the air appeals. The airchecx listserv posted my appeal. Even though they got 20 responses to a Jerry Reid lyric comment, NOTHING to my request for KAAY music surveys.
Richard, you write learned dissertations, great research, blog submissions, but NO KAAY music surveys. Well, at least a life-long friend Jack Hendrix is sending me a KOTN, Pine Bluff, AR music survey. I guess I'll have to be content with that.

More comments from Jerry Sims:

A.J.,

If responding to your KAAY Blog Spot is what keeps you going, I had better start responding.

I try to check in several times a week to see the latest. My time at KAAY was the most fun time of my life, and it is great seeing things that remind me of it. The jingle packages get me pumped up as well.

The bit on Howard Watson reminded me too of some things. I currently work with one of his sons (Jeff) who does our TV production for Hank’s Furniture. I keep up with Howard, and his health problems, through Jeff. I also gave him a copy of one of the original Silver Dollar Surveys to have reproduced. He did and had it framed for his dad.


Note to Jerry: The KAAY jingles do the same for me. I have the long KAAY sonovox jingle as a ringtone on my cell phone.


No comments: