Wednesday, August 01, 2007

I've been to Manhattan, Kansas

After I got out of radio, a sales job took me to Manhattan and several other cities in Kansas. So, it was great to hear from someone in Manhattan. Here is his email:

Dear Mr. Lindsey,
This is a short note to thank you for your efforts on the
KAAY blog.
I grew up in western Kansas in the late 1960's, so I had to
wait till
after dark
to listen to KAAY, and I must admit,
I missed a lot of sleep over the years listening through
the night on my transistor radio.

I found your site by accident, using Google to search for
airchecks,
and I am most grateful for your willingness to post the
KAAY
history and the airchecks. They bring back a lot of
memories.

Like many others, I miss the live DJs, the ''charts'', and
the general
excitement of live radio. Thanks for reminding me what it
was like!

Best regards,

Dave Schmidt
Manhattan, Kansas

No comments: