Sunday, October 19, 2008

More xm-Sirius

vdog has left a new comment on your post "We are about to see the colapse of XM-Sirius":

I agree, the biggest reason I subscribe to XM is to listen to the American Top 40 countdowns.
The 70's countdowns are on 11AM-2PM
central on Saturdays on XM 7. Replayed Wednesdays at 9PM-midnight.
The 80's countdowns are Sundays at the same time on XM 8. With replay on Thursdays from 9PM-midnight.
...........................................................................
I think XM misjudged who there audience was and I am sure Sirius will make that same mistake. Some time ago, I saw some age demographics on XM and it was skewing definitely to the +40 crowd. At the same time their advertising was to hip hop types.
If that is who is buying radios, then I would go for that market. Kids have already turned to an Ipod culture.

No comments: