Monday, October 06, 2008

Need Some Memory Help

Hello, AJ,

I was wondering if you remember a fellow name Mac Young, who was from
Hot Springs but moved to Little Rock. He worked at KXLR for a short time,
then went to KMYO (Cameo, it was called), then to KARK AM, when it was
still KARK. I knew him when I was growing up in Hot Springs and he worked
at KBHS when it was on 590. He was terrific on the air, had a great voice,
could really do live reads well. I lost track of him, heard he died in an
accident between Little Rock and Conway, but I've never had a confirmation
on any of that. Also, there was a fellow who moved from what was KZNG AM
when it was on 1470 in Hot Springs, who moved to KAAY, did overnights for
awhile, then got a good offer to go to a station in Des Moines. Maybe you
might jog my memory on him.

....................................................................................
The name is very familiar but I have no first hand knowledge of either mentioned. However, I am sure some of our readers do. Please post a comment if you have knowledge of either of these guys.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A. J., I haven't had time to do a search on that particular person, but here's a website that might help:

http://www.440.com/

Just click on the "440: satisfaction" on the left to find people.

Bud, Mobile, AL