Tuesday, October 21, 2008

NW AR Comment

Speaking as someone who has lived in Southeast, Central, and (now) Northwest Arkansas, A.J. is right. Northwest Arkansas has always been a 'stand alone' area of the state. I've been here 10 years now and for a long time I thought the division was as a result of people here in NWA. But, now, I think it's as a result of jealousy and comes from the rest of the state. Most people that I know in NWA don't have a grudge to bear against Central Arkansas or any other part of the state.
.......................................................................................

Amen...

I was born in Central, lived in Central then Southeast and now North West Arkansas.
It appears to me the bias is all one way. Central AR thinks they are all of Arkansas.
I think that feeling transfers to the state house.

No comments: