Wednesday, September 17, 2008

More Concert Memories

Gazmik has left a new comment on your post "This is your blog and your comments are necessary":

Wasn't JAM a concert promoter?

I don't remember too many ticket prices. But, on my wages back in the 70s, I didn't have too much of a problem buying them. I saw bands like the Grateful Dead, Styx, Angel, Heart, AC/DC, Cheap Trick, Nazareth, UFO, Rush, and Frank Zappa back then.

Then in the 80s, I always liked going to First Avenue to see bands. I don't think I paid more than $10 there. And I got to see Leon Redbone there.

I think that the highest price I paid for tickets was to see Paul McCartney or the Rolling Stones in the 90s. If I remember right, it cost me around $35 to see Van Morrison (John Lee Hooker opened for him). And it was fairly reasonable to see Boz Scaggs and Taj Mahal at the Minnesota Zoo.

The first concert I remember was when I was young when my parents took me to a George Jones/Tammy Wynette concert.

No comments: